Tough, Caring Grandparents' Rights Attorneys

While decisions about grandparents' visitation rights are left in the hands of the biological parents under Florida law, there can be times when grandparents are driven to intervene for the sake of the child's well-being. Often referred to as third-party emergency custody orders, grandparents can seek custody of a grandchild in cases where remaining under the care of the biological parent may not be in the child's best interests.

Things can get emotional and confrontational, very quickly, when grandparents seek emergency custody orders. An Ocala lawyer can help you navigate the process and work with you to ensure that the best interests of the child are protected. At Dunham & Ingram, LLC, our grandparents' rights attorneys represent concerned family members in a broad range of these cases.

Servicios de Traducción en Español Disponibles

Fighting For Your Grandchild's Future

In most cases, Florida courts prefer to leave children under the care of biological parents unless there is compelling evidence to indicate that doing so would place the child at risk, including physical abuse, drug or alcohol use or mental illness. Grandparents can also seek custody when neither parent is available to care for the children due to incarceration, desertion or death.

We work closely with grandparents to gain a complete understanding of their concerns and the circumstances that have caused them to intervene. We will help you take the necessary steps to petition the court for custody and represent you at all required hearings. We present the strongest possible argument to support your position and pursue every possible option in an effort to ensure that the children's best interests are fully protected.

Contact Us Regarding Grandparents' Rights

We offer a free initial consultation to all new clients. You can reach our firm at 352-433-1107 or via email to get started. We are available during regular business hours and by appointment after hours for your convenience.